In conjunction with the 12th IEEE - RIVF Conference on Computing
and Communication Technologies (RIVF 2016)
The goal of this workshop series is to attempt a synthesis of research in Vietnamese language and speech processing and to bring together researchers and professionals working in this domain. The VLSP 2016 edition will be composed of two parts: one part for VLSP software demonstration with technical reports, and an evaluation campaign on the tasks of named-entity recognition and opinion mining. As is traditional, one panel for the VLSP community exchange and discussion will be organized.
All applications dealing with Vietnamese text processing or speech processing are welcome. Each demo system should be provided with a technical report.
The evaluation campaign deals with two different tasks. One concerns named-entity recognition (NER), an essential task for information extraction applications. The evaluation will be limited in considering 3 types of entity: person, organization and location. The other concerns an opinion mining (OM) tool at sentence level, in which each given sentence should be classified as negative, positive or neutral.
The participants to the evaluation campaign will be asked to present their system in a dedicated short paper.
This campaign aims at automatically evaluating Vietnamese NER and OM systems, in order to promote the most efficient methods for these important tools. The organization of this campaign with sponsor from academia and industry will permit to build and offer to the VLSP community gold datasets for training and testing NER and OM systems.
System authors are invited to submit papers of up to 8 pages, in English. Please note that this workshop is only concerned with articles presenting software submitted for demonstration or evaluation. All papers will be submitted online, in PDF format using the IEEE standard template, to the workshop management website.
June 30, 2016: Sample data and evaluation measure publication
July 5, 2016: Registration to the campaign
August 30, 2016: Distribution of training data for NER and OM tasks
September 5, 2016: Registration to the campaign closed
October 3, 2016: Test data release
October 7, 2016: System result submission
October 9, 2016: Demonstration system and technical report submission deadline
October 28, 2016: Registration to the workshop deadline
November 7, 2016 November 9, 2016: Workshop
Le Anh Cuong, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, email@example.com
Nguyen Thi Minh Huyen, VNU University of Science, Hanoi, Vietnam, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Committee (to be completed):
1. Dinh Dien, University of Science, VNU-HCM, Vietnam (co-chair)
2. Luong Chi Mai, Institute of Information Technology, VAST, Vietnam (co-chair)
3. Cao Hoang Tru, University of Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
4. Ho Bao Quoc, University of Science, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
5. Ho Tu Bao, JAIST, Japan
6. Le Anh Cuong, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
7. Le Hong Phuong, University of Science, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
8. Le Thanh Huong, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
9. Ngo Xuan Bach, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam
10. Nguyen Le Minh, JAIST, Japan
11. Nguyen Phuong Thai, University of Engineering and Technology, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
12. Nguyen Thi Minh Huyen, University of Science, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
13. Nguyen Van Vinh, University of Engineering and Technology, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
14. Nguyen Viet Cuong, HPC Systems, Inc., Japan
15. Nguyen Viet Son, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
16. Pham Bao Son, University of Engineering and Technology, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
17. Phan Thi Tuoi, University of Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
18. Phan Xuan Hieu, University of Engineering and Technology, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
19. Tran Do Dat, Ministry of Science and Technology, Vietnam
20. Vu Hai Quan, University of Science, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
21. Vu Tat Thang, Institute of Information Technology, VAST, Vietnam